According to statistics, 1 in 3 homes in South East Queensland will be attacked by termites every year, causing more damage than flood or fire.
It is recommended that termite inspections are carried out every year and these inspections can save you thousands of dollars in repairs.
Generally, home and contents insurance policies do not cover termite damage and if undetected the subterranean termite can cause extensive structural damage to your home.
What should I do if I think I have termites?
* Call the professionals, phone Garry Stegert Pest Control on (07) 4637 2151
* Leave the suspected termites alone and do not disturb them.
* Termites can travel long distances to find food. The nest may be fifty metres or more away from where the workers are foraging. They can work their way into a house from under the floor, up the wall cavity, alongside plumbing or through construction joints in the concrete.
* The first stage of any pest management is an inspection. This should be carried out by an experienced technician. The inspection will determine the extent of the infestation, if present, identification of the termite species, where the termites are entering the building and also what steps need to be carried out to eradicate any termites present and protect the building from further attack.
* Eradication of any existing termite infestation is important to stop the damage spreading then a follow up inspection to ensure the initial treatment has been totally effective.
* Annual inspections and preventative treatments are advised.